LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

W5D2

Today was an awesome day for me! I completed another day of my C25K program but this time there was NOT the thought in my head that there was no way I could do it. I knew I could (hmmm NSV?? I think so!). For those of you not familiar with the program today consisted of a 5 minute warm up walk, 5 minute run, 3 minute walk, 8 minute run, 5 minute walk, 5 minute run and finally a 5 minute cool down walk. Previous to today, the longest run interval I had done was 6 minutes, so going up a full 2 minutes is quite ambitious, but I honestly felt great the entire time. Weirdly enough, the 5 minute run intervals felt longer than the 8 minute one. Either way today I impressed myself, but did not suprise myself, because I'm building confidence in myself.

I certainly have noticed a big boost in my confidence in all aspects of my life. Yes, I know I'm still fat, but I'm much more fit than I was and I'm definitely smaller than before and people are really noticing a difference, and that makes me feel awesome. I feel as though I hold myself differently, I actually stand up and WANT to be noticed. I can only imagine what I'm going to feel like as I continue to lose weight.

I also need to thank Tim, who helped me solve my runner's stitch issue. For those of you who didn't read his comment, he told me that upon the onset of the stitch, you should push your stomach out as you breathe in, then relax it as you breathe out. This works like a charm. I started feeling the stitch (however much less than usual because I was focusing on my breathing) and I followed his directions and it was gone within 15 seconds...yay! I did have to repeat a few times because the stitch did return but it has been far less of a bother since I've gotten all the tips. So thanks everybody, you rock!


3 comments:

  1. woo hoo! congrats on your NSV! Thats how it starts.. You will be a super confident girl who knows she can take on the world in no time now (if you aren't already after that awesome workout)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doing great! Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In future I will start charging money for any more wonderful tips!! hehe! I'm glad it helped! :)

    ReplyDelete