LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, April 20, 2012

Cobwebs...

I feel like I need to dust the cobwebs off this blog before I can post again! Holy smokes it's been a while since I last posted. I have been so incredibly busy...and as a result I didn't have much time to sit down and read/write blogs. So I guess I'm officially behind on the RFS challenge. Oops. We'll get back to that in a minute. First I want to update you all on what I've been up to. 


Well I've done everything except what I should have been doing this last week or so. I haven't exercised, my meals weren't planned out and have been on the not so healthy side, I haven't even weighed myself. I'm sure there's going to be a gain come weigh day on Sunday. But, if nothing else this journey is a roller coaster, with ups and downs (quite literally!). The trick is to not get off the ride. And I'm not! So...what HAVE I done? Well my 4 days off last week looked a little like this:


Saturday: Make the trip to my parents house (2 hours because of the ferry we had to take) for dinner and back home, getting home at about 8:30 that night


Sunday: Driving an hour to my MIL's to drop off the child, then making the 3 hour trip (because of the stopping to let the dog out to pee) to Cranbrook to look at vehicles and to do some clothes shopping. I had decided enough was enough and my pants falling off of me was not cool anymore. So I bought 2 pairs of jeans...size 22!...and a pair of capris in hopes that spring is finally here. We did some more looking around then turned in to our hotel for the night to watch the hockey game. 


Monday: Vehicle shopping. Chris needs a new car as his is getting high in mileage and he commutes to work. We're not buying one today, but in the next few months. Test drives, sales pitches, etc. Then the drive back home.


Tuesday: Was not a good day for Harley...AT ALL. Poor guy got neutered. So we had to drop him off at the vet at 8am. Then we drove the 45 minutes to the next town to test drive more cars while Harley was in surgery. Then we drove home in time to pick my poor little man up from the vet. He was so sore. He didn't move from his bed. He also didn't want to eat or drink...or even pee which had me a little worried. Finally I got him to drink, but he still didn't want to pee (I assume he was scared it would hurt) until he couldn't help it and he had an accident in the house. Then he was scared we were mad at him so he was cowering in the corner. He continued to whimper and whine and cry ALL night long. I think he finally fell asleep at about 4:30 in the morning...and I got up at 5:15 for work.


Wednesday was back to work and it was the most AWFUL day I'd had there in a very long time. I was so extremely busy, people before me hadn't done their jobs and left me with a complete and utter shit storm to deal with. Add that to the fact that I was exhausted, very bitchy, and just not wanting to deal with anything. I came home and was in bed by 8:30...Yes I'm cool.


Thursday was a much better day. Things went smoothly at work but I was still pretty tired from my crazy week. So I took it easy and just chilled out after work.


Today my plan is to get this blog caught up, catch up on blogs, resume healthy eating and get through work without wanting to scream.


On to my RFS check in for week 3. Last weeks goals:


Weight Loss: What the hell, let's shoot for 2lbs again! - FAIL. I didn't even weigh.
NSV: Date night with Chris - Done! We spent a nice evening together when we were out of town.
Nutrition: Employ the 25-25-50 rule (25% protein, 25% starch, 50% veggies) to meals - HAHAHA...Let's just leave it at that.
Fitness: Walk x 5 outside (weather permitting), C25K x 2 (plus any times I don't get outside due to the weather) - FAIL. I think I went on 3 walks with Harley.



Mini-Challenge: Visit all other challengers blogs - FAIL. I sooo didn't have time for that. Sorry all!


Week 4 Goals:


Weight Loss: Actually weigh and see where I'm at. Hopefully I don't have too much of a gain.
NSV: Start spring cleaning! 
Nutrition: Get back on track. Make smart choices this week (or few days until the check in!)
Fitness: 2 walks/C25K


Mini-Challenge: Pay it forward...hmmmm...I'll get back to you on that one.


So there you have it. I'm still here! I may have fallen face first off my healthy living plan but I've picked myself up, dusted myself off, and am chasing after the wagon (Woo! Cardio!) Stay tuned!


I leave you with a few pictures of Harley post-surgery.


He stayed there for HOURS...Poor guy


Feeling a bit better!




























7 comments:

  1. We had the same Wednesday! It was an "eff this!" kind of day that led to an early bedtime :) Keep on truckin' girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome on the new size of jeans!!:) I will get there one day...hopefully. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to having a busy week! Hope the results for week 4 are good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naaawwww, poor Harley... He looks so cute in his cone though LOL Sorry that things have been so hectic for you and that some annoying, busy-body was sending you emails LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your goals!

    The doggy is so cute! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Hunnie,

    Just to let you know I am running a competition to win a copy of Jillian Michaels new "Kickbox Fast Fix" over on my blog at: http://becciweightloss.blogspot.co.uk/p/competition.html if you could please let your readers know about it that would be great! Thank you :) Becci xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the way you admit that you fail, you get up, brush yourself up and start all over again. As a weight reduction doctor from Mumbai, India, I advise the same attitude to my patients. We are all human but the idea is to be open with oneself and to get up and go even after a fall!

    ReplyDelete