LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Reality Check, Weigh In, & Check In

I was in need of a big reality check. I've been on this journey for nearly a year and I've lost weight. Over 30lbs. Not all that impressive but still an accomplishment. I was floating along in my happy little bubble thinking that with the weight I have lost that I've become more fit and that becoming slack in my workouts wouldn't be that big of a deal because I wasn't that fit to begin with so there's not too far to slide back. WRONG. Today I decided that I was gonna hit the treadmill for the first time in a while and thought that I should be able to hop back on it at W4D1 of C25K and be ok with that. I mean, it's only 4 minutes of running, I could run for 10 not all that long ago. I couldn't do it. I figure I'm back at about W2...but I'm going to be starting the program over...AGAIN. Christ almighty...You'd think that I'd have learned something by reading blogs and being the author of one. Apparently not. I'm discouraged, frustrated with myself, angry, upset, embarrassed. But if anything this gave me the wake up call I needed.

I have been busy today though. and I plan on keeping that way. Today I was outside most of the morning. I hosed off the driveway, cleaned our front porch, bagged the yard waste that Chris raked up the other day, cleaned up the yard a little more (getting rid of the doggy poops), raked along side the house (the side of the house is lined with rocks and there were tons of leaves in there), weeded along the side of the house, bagged all  that yard waste, and cleaned off the back porch. Following that was my C25K disaster...which wasn't as horrible as a disaster as I'm making it out to be...I didn't quit, but I did walk the last 2 run intervals, and still burned over 250 calories. Finally, following this post I will begin the house clean that I usually do on my last day off. So all in all a pretty active, productive day.

On to my RFS Week #4 Check in.

Weight: To weigh in and see where I'm at: After 2 weeks of being completely off track I gained 2.8lbs...Could have been worse...trust me. Current weight is: 283.9lbs.
NSV: Start spring cleaning - Success!
Nutrition: Get back on track - Working on it!
Fitness: 2 workouts...Success!

Week #5 Goals:

Weight Loss: Get back down to my low of 281.1lbs
NSV: Post daily. When I'm posting, I'm on track.
Nutrition: NO JUNK FOOD! This is a huge challenge for me especially when I have to take food to work.
Fitness: Complete W1 of C25K and walk Harley on "off" days. Be active EVERY day. This is challenging for me because when I'm working evenings, Chris is working nights and is sleeping so I feel bad about doing ANYTHING that might wake him up. Hmm excuse much? Also on my first day off, it's my only day with my family so I want to spend my time with them rather than take time away to exercise. But...I need to do this.

Mini-Challenge: Pay it forward. I need to figure out how to do this when I spend my time either at home or at work...I'm such a homebody that my interaction with people is limited. I spend all day at work with people and families so when I'm not at work I just want to be left alone.

8 comments:

  1. We all have moments where reality doesn't match what we thought. It sounds like you are finding a constructive way to improve the situation!

    Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're still doing really good because you've never seen quitting as an option :)
    I'm very proud of you, and I know you'll be able to get "back on track"

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was up 4 lbs from last week today. I just HATE how the scale can make you feel. I'm like you in that I will never give up, I guess I just have to accept the fact that there will always be ups and downs and each time I will been to fight my way back on track! We must be tough, like boxers that have to fight 1000 rounds instead of 12 (or however many are in a boxing fight) lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be discouraged Taryn. It's not the falling that defines a person, it's the getting back up! And you never fail in that... That's why I love your blog! You are honest when things aren't going the way you planned and you work out how to fix it! Good luck with your Week 5 Goals, I'm especially looking forward to hearing about your mini-challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOu are not that far away from your low, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! AT least you are trying to get back at it with C25K. I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go girl! Yeah, I have started C25K a couple of times. But you got much farther than I did, so I'm sure you will pick it up again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know how you feel! I had a wake up call not too long ago myself, and I know when I post to my blog I stay on track. It's definitely a motivator!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your not giving up attitude! Good luck with your goals for week 5.

    ReplyDelete