LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Weigh in # 31

Weigh in was actually yesterday but of course it was a busy day with Easter egg dying and then of course dinner at my in laws, so I didn't get around to posting it until now. I had a WONDERFUL week this week and knocked out a 2.2lb loss!!! YAY. Hello lowest weight in a very long time! I will be posting much more tomorrow with my RFS check in so look for that.

Today was a suuuuuper busy day for Chris and I. We got up at 6:30 (yes...AM on a Saturday!) because the Easter Bunny made an early stop at our house for the child. The only reason we got up that early was because she had to be back to her mother by 9 to do an Easter egg hunt there and her mother lives an hour away. Lets just say there's enough chocolate in my house to ensure that Hershey's, Cadbury AND Nestle don't have to worry about going bankrupt any time soon. Spoiled rotten little monster! Once Chris got home from taking her back we got rid of all our garbage and recycling (we somehow collect boxes and have to take them down every once in a while along with our regular household recycling...and we have been taking our garbage down ourselves because along with paying for garbage yearly (along with sewer and water), we have to buy garbage tags at $1.50/bag a pop...RIDICULOUS!! We have been saving about 2/3 of the cost by taking it ourselves. Take that City of Nelson! However, now that spring is here and the bears will be waking up I'm going to be resigned to using garbage tags again until the fall. BOO.

After that I cleaned out the child's room and hung up all her new clothes (from Easter and the HUGE bag my mother got from her friend who also has a little girl about my stepdaughter's age), tidied up her closet, organized and sorted everything. I plan on forcing her back into 1 room. I think it's ridiculous that a 3 year old has 2 bedrooms full of stuff...but I must think of a solution to this because she plays with it all...I just want it all in 1 room. I might end up buying shelving to put in her closet to put all her toys in...we shall see, but I definitely want to reclaim my spare bedroom. Any suggestions?!

Anyways, I'm certain you don't want to relive my entire day along with me so I will end it here. Check back tomorrow for my check in!



5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the loss! I will be so glad when this chocolate holiday is over...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the loss! I love holidays, but I will be happy to get back on plan once it's all over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a fab loss! You go girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First let me say, WOW, congratulations on the big loss!! I've been checking to see when you'd update again. :)

    As for your daughter... I'm not a parent, so use this info as you wish. My parents had a rule for me. All my toys had to fit into a certain given space (which was actually a lot of shelves and a toy chest). Anything that didn't fit, I'd have to find a way to fit it into those spaces, or find a toy I'd be willing to donate to a kid who would need it more, to have it. My parents made exceptions for things of course, especially when at different times, my toys all might have been really big. The biggest rule that I have learned from them that I want to carry forward is this: Every time I got a new toy and I wanted to keep it, I had to donate another toy to someone more in need. So, at the end of the day, I always had the same number of toys.

    I don't know if that will solve your problem, because as you said, she uses everything. But I do think setting up some kind of a organizational system will help. Saying, "This goes here, and this goes here" and assigning places will allow her to stick to one room the best, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete