LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Distraction...Or Is It Procrastination

Today I have had one of those days where I could find a MILLION other things to do than exercise. So far I have stripped my bed, washed the sheets and remade it, done all the rest of mine and the kids laundry, organized the junk cupboard, typed out and printed all my favorite recipes and organized them in a binder, but to do that I had to go to Walmart and buy page protectors and dividers. It looks great!

That being said, I still have to tidy up and cook dinner for my man. He's been texting me from work and telling me he's starving so I guess I should feed the poor guy after he's spent 12 hours at work!

I'm thinking I will go on the treadmill after dinner. I'm gonna make it happen because I'm feeling super stressed right now. Usually when I'm stressed I bury my face in a bag of Doritos, but I'm not gonna let that happen. I will work out my stress on the treadmill instead. I know that eating my feelings isn't going to solve any problems...and neither will exercise...but at least with the exercise I don't have the guilt of doing something I shouldn't have added on top of my already there stress. Progress? I think so.

6 comments:

  1. Mind over matter! I tend to find distractions also!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post made me smile. Why does it have to be so hard to exercise some days??? But yeah, definitely progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Taryn! Definitely progress! Just try to keep thinking of how good it will feel once it's done and won :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having one of those days today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do the same thing. I'll find any reason not to exercise. I guess it comes down to just making yourself do it no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Preaching to the choir missy!! These days I know if I dont get my workout in before I leave for work it's just not going to happen. And yet still I wait until the very last minute before I finally just pop the dvd in and do it. Not ideal but at least its done lol

    ReplyDelete