LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, May 11, 2012

W2 Done Again

Both yesterday and today I did a C25K workout and have now progressed on to week 3 again. I am totally LOVING how I'm feeling after my workouts these days. I don't dread them anymore and I don't feel exhausted afterwards. Yes I'm sweaty but I'm also energized and really proud of myself. I have also been putting the incline up at 5% when I'm doing my cool down just to engage the glutes and hamstrings and increase the calorie burn.

I also have some big news. A couple posts back, I mentioned taking on another job doing respite care for an infant who is medically fragile, and that taking on this job will allow me to pay off my student loan (or darn close to it!). Well...I GOT THE JOB!!! We're just going over getting me orientated and ready to go on my own. It's night shifts and an extra 1-2 shifts a week will make a huge difference when it comes to paying back my loans. So awesome. I'm aware that this will take a toll on my home life and Chris and I have discussed it and are both willing to make the sacrifice to make our financial future a little bit brighter. I, for one, think it's absolutely ridiculous that to get a good job that I'm passionate about, I had to go so far into debt. When I was in nursing school all you heard about was bitching and whining about the nursing shortage...but because of the deficits they've cut back so much on health care that they can't afford to hire nurses! There are no full time jobs, and I am one of the lucky ones that has a permanent job with guaranteed hours, and have been lucky enough to have a good working relationship with a manager who hired me on casual for 3 sites. I don't know what I would do if I wasn't working like I am now. I know that this is a very real concern for millions of people, but I'm so glad to have a job.

3 comments:

  1. WOO YOU GO GIRL! You rock. SO glad you got that job. You are amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exciting! Congratulations girl!

    ReplyDelete