LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, May 6, 2012

W2D1 Again

After procrastinating for approximately 2 hours, I finally made my way downstairs to the treadmill. I really had no excuse not to. Chris is sleeping after night shift, I had all my workout clothes in the spare bathroom so I wouldn't disturb him while getting changed, there was nothing on TV, and I was bored. I find that setting myself up to have no excuses is the best way to make sure that I actually get what I need to get done done. I did, however, forget to bring my iPod out of the bedroom, but I didn't let that stop me. I quietly creeped in and got it.

This workout, I actually felt stronger than I had in the previous 3 workouts. I dunno what it is but I think the more run-walk intervals, the harder it is...constantly changing speeds is exhausting. Anybody else or is that just me? I'm really feeling like I need to add some strength training to my life, but I'm not sure how to go about that in a way I can afford. I would LOVE to go to a gym and do a circuit, but I just can't afford the membership. Yes I know that there are lots of exercises to do with just your body weight. I just like the feeling of lifting weights, and to see a trainer who can customize a routine for me. I don't want to sound all whiny and have a "poor me" attitude but it does really suck!

Today I work 3-11, and as much as I love my job, I just want to spend some time with my honey. Lately it seems that we're just so darn busy that when we do have down time, we're both so tired that we don't really take the time to enjoy just being together. Bad I know, but with lives as busy as ours, it's definitely hard to not do. This week though I'm definitely making a point to just spend some time with Chris. Life is all about balance right?

3 comments:

  1. I think preparation is half the battle. I have spent many days making excuses of why i CAN'T work out - but if I had been better prepared, I would have been less inclined to do so. Sounds like you are making progress with your C25K workout!!! Good for you - stick with it! And keep up that fabulous attitude of yours!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, balance is good, but hard to find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bit late to the party with commenting :) Way to go with W2D1
    As for the strength training, I really loathe it but as I have been moaning and groaning about lately, I know it has an important place in my exercise routine and I have found that I am almost enjoying doing my strength work via DVD's. This Ripped in 30 one that I have been trying out has been doing wonders and I have already noticed really obvious gains in my pace while running. I know it is mostly body weight and light hand weights but maybe it could be a good place to start?

    ReplyDelete