LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What Doesn't Kill You...

...Makes you want to kill yourself sometimes. I am exhausted. I am loving my new job. The baby I work with is so sweet and we have more easy and good nights than we do bad nights. The thing is the night shifts. I have NEVER been a night person. I have a bedtime and I usually stick to it because I'm falling asleep. I have fairly healthy sleep habits actually. I consistently get 8 hours of sleep a night, but now I've thrown this huge wrench into my system and have been making myself stay up all night. All would be well and good if I could keep my healthy sleep habits in the day time. I get home at 7:30ish am and sleep until 12 or 1 if I'm lucky, then I try to nap in the evening...sometimes I'm successful and get another few hours of sleep...sometimes I'm not and I lay there awake...It's really a crap shoot. And it doesn't help that I've been working 6 days a week for the past month, as that wasn't the deal when I accepted the job. I said I would work 1 shift one week, 2 shifts the next (in addition to my regular 4 days with my other job), but because I'm the only RN there, I have to supervise and sign off the other caregivers to ensure they're able to properly care for the little peanut on their own. So I have 1 more week of working 6 days, then I get a break and only work 5.

Thank goodness this is worth it financially! I'm going to bite the bullet and just do it for as long as I possibly can to pay off those student loans.

So lets get back to what this blog is supposed to be about. Weight loss. I weighed in this week and am pleased to be back down to 285.9 which brings me back down to 30lbs lost (exactly) which is a 1.3lb loss. Not stellar but at least it's a loss, and with how much I've been working, I honestly haven't been exercising at all, and because I'm just figuring this out and figuring out meals and such, eating hasn't been perfect either (but not bad!). I'm sure that once I get into a routine, things will fall back into place. Even though I'm working like a crazy person, I need to put myself first. And once I have time to take a breath, that will happen. Right now I'm focused on surviving! HAHA.

11 comments:

  1. You are a total workhorse! But I know the paycheck is a major driving force. Don't even remind me about student loans - mine kick in this coming Dec or Jan. Glad to hear you had a loss this week! WOOT!!! Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Taryn! And I have the nerve to complain about work sometimes and I only work 4 days a week!
    Congrats on the loss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with loss- especially with the 6 day work routine, I know just how much that can sabotage you! Just remember to put yourself first when you can :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep your chin up Taryn! A loss is a loss!

    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like.. life is always pushing ur botton.. pushing to your limit and making you do things.. that your uncomfortable with.. and not use to. But, I think you can do it :) Keep it up ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! That's just so great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your post is really very interesting it keeps the interest of reader......keep posting

    - E
    Erica Martin

    Raspberry Ketones

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your post and I love your spirit. :-) I work night and day shifts too. Working nights is a whole different kind of experience. 6 shifts a day for a month, um yeah can you say AMAZING :-)

    ReplyDelete