LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Counting Calories

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times...I HATE COUNTING CALORIES. Yesterday was my first day back to eating right, tracking, and exercising. I logged back into my Lose It! app for the first time in months and logged every single calorie that went past my lips. What a pain to make a salad though. So while I was weighing lettuce and carrots and green onions I decided to just continue and I now have little packs of all the salad ingredients that I put in salads with the calories written on the bag so all I have to do is grab it, throw it on a plate and add up the numbers on the bags! That's a recipe for success right there.

I also did a treadmill workout...back to W1D1 of C25K...again. Holy smokes...I was so out of breath and tired following that workout. I was at the point where I was running for long periods of time and feeling good...now I'm almost dying running for 1 minute...makes me angry that I gave up. I was doing so well. But I will fight back and will get back to where I was, and farther. I really wish I lived in a big city or somewhere that there are a lot of 5K runs. Having a deadline definitely would keep me going. But there is nothing like that where I live...that I've found anyways. I'll definitely keep looking though.

I worked night shift last night, so after getting a little bit of sleep (and I do mean a little bit because I work day shift tomorrow so because I have to sleep tonight, I can't spend all day sleeping today). I always feel a little out of whack on these days, nauseous and craaaaaaaanky. I was using this as an excuse to sit around and do sweet fuck all all damn day long but not anymore. There is absolutely no excuse to not use the treadmill or go for a walk outside...and definitely no excuse to not eat properly and track (I swear the word track is becoming a swear word in my dictionary). So that's what I'm going to do today. That and catch up on some housework, laundry and blog reading.

Have a great day everybody!


6 comments:

  1. I love the idea of pre-packaging everything with the calories written on front!!!!
    Keep up the good work!
    xoxoxo
    Dani
    www.thatfitnesschic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. Love that per-packaging your food. I HATE tracking too. It really makes you stop and think however and works for me. Glad you are back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pre-packing & planning is the way to do it my friend! I keep a board on the fridge with everything planned out for the day. Keeps it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes. My blog is about counting calories. Yes, it sucks, but it works.
    Mom Fitness Journal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Counting calories is a tough job, but as they say "no pain, no gain". You need to have self-discipline so you won't cheat when it comes to counting the calories of the food that you eat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete