LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Girl's Night

We've all been there...girl's (or boy's night). The calorie laden, food fest with our nearest and dearest. While fun and something that is needed on occasion, it's definitely not diet friendly. Tonight my friend Jade came over. Her fiance and Chris are good friends (have been since kindergarten or something crazy like that) and they both work at the same place, on the same shift. Since the boys were at work and Jade and I were left to fend for ourselves for entertainment, we decided to get together.

Jade texted me this evening asking if I wanted to hang out and watch a movie. That sounded lovely. Relaxing on the couch with snacks and girl talk. Now before you scream at your computer screen "but Taryn, you've just gotten back on track! Don't blow it!"...RELAAAAAAAAAAAX. I didn't! I suggested that first we take Harley for a walk seeing as how he'd been driving me nuts since I got home from work (there is a fly in our house that we can't catch, and he's been chasing it all day). Seeing as how she's on a weight loss journey of her own before her wedding, she was up for it. We did a 2.5km walk before settling on the couch with our 100 calorie bags of popcorn and Diet Pepsi to watch Bridesmaids.

I also made the most yummy and calorie smart dinner. I made up a quick stirfry but was too damn lazy to make the rice so for 402 calories I had a plate full of chicken, onion, garlic, asparagus, red pepper, celery and snow peas cooked in EVOO and seasoned with salt, pepper and cayenne. Now, I must admit...I didn't miss the rice at all and I saved a bunch of calories. It was weird to have that mentality of "meh, screw it, it's not a big deal" but it felt good.

I have set myself up for success tomorrow by placing my workout clothes in the spare bathroom. Chris gets off work at 6am so I'll most definitely be awake before him, and seeing as how I wont be able to shower without waking him, I pretty much have nothing else to do...unless you count sitting on my butt or tidying the house...so I may as well work out.

I'm beginning to get the hang of the calorie counting. It's still a pain in the ass but it's doable. I still feel like I'm constantly thinking about food and I have to talk myself out of saving all my calories for supper so I can have something I know I shouldn't be eating. I've been doing fairly well at spreading my calories out through the day. However, when I work day shifts it's a little harder. I end up eating 2 smaller breakfasts rather than 1 regular sized breakfast because I'm up so early. But all in all, I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing if it's going to keep me from going overboard later.

Do you find yourself saving calories throughout the day? What are some of your favorite recipes for dinners under 500 calories?




5 comments:

  1. Way to go on staying on track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I asked my Man to take a walk with me last night too!!! Its a great way to burn a few last minute calories, also I like to use spaghetti squash instead of spaghetti and make cauliflower rice instead of regular rice :) Saves ALOT of calories AND carbs
    Keep up the good work!
    xoxo
    Dani
    www.thatfitnesschic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job staying focused even with social eating :)

    I limit my starches at night too and find that I don't miss it. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job staying on track and figuring out whats working for you and what had to go.

    Stacy
    www.EmbracingMyself.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete