LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I'M BAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!

I bet you all thought you'd never hear from me again. Well...I'm glad to inform you that you're wrong! I have had a pretty busy past few months. The last you heard from me I was working 2 jobs, and not really managing it well. I was either working, sleeping, or spending time with my family. I didn't have much time for health and fitness...or should I say, I didn't make time for health and fitness. Well...my waistline, but not necessarily my wallet, is happy to report that my second job has come to an end. The infant I was working with no longer qualifies for the program so her funding was cut. It's sad because her family really does need the help, but there's nothing I can do about it. And that's frustrating. But, now I have the time to focus on myself. I guess it's kinda bittersweet because I really enjoyed that job and I fell in love with that baby. I've always been able to keep my feelings in check when I work, but leaving the home, for the final time, was soooo sad. I didn't think it'd be that hard.

Today was the first day back counting calories. I'm clocking in at 1412 calories today. I may still have a 100 calorie bag of popcorn...I may just go to bed because I'm absolutely freezing to death. Winter has arrived here and there's white stuff in my backyard (better than the mud pit that it was!) so all I want to do is curl up under a blanket and eat soup and drink tea...which is what I'm doing while I write this post. I absolutely love that there are soups out there that are 70-100 calories per serving because it's what I live on in the winter time.

I've been toying with the idea of joining weight watchers. I have been a member before, but I did it online and didn't like that. I think I need the accountability of going to a meeting and having the materials in my hands and sitting on my counter rather than tucked neatly away on a website that I just ignore. I also have a few friends who are trying to lose weight and we're all going to start going to the gym together, so I'll be getting myself a gym membership here soon.

So let's get to the nitty gritty here. I weighed myself the other day in at 299...I swear to all that is holy somebody was looking down on me there. If I would have seen a 3 as the first number I probably would have lost my damn mind. I swore that I would never be in the 300's again. Damn close to being though, close enough to kick my ass into gear. So I will be weighing in as my official "restart weight" on December 2nd. I'm going to get back to daily (or close to it) blogging now.

December 2nd also marks the first day of my holidays!!! I know that holidays are usually harder on the diet, but I'm determined to work hard, eat right and lose weight. Wish me luck. I've proven that I need it!

I've noticed that I have some new followers, you poor dears! I haven't been around in a very long time. But hopefully it gave you time to catch up on my story. So welcome to all the new followers and welcome back to the old ones!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you're back Taryn :)
    It's sad that the baby and her family have lost their funding but it will be nice for you to have a bit more free time I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your back. I am back too after being in a funk. Good luck on your weight loss! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete