LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Hurts So Good


Today I went to the gym with my friend Jay. She's super into nutrition and working out so she took me around the weight room and showed me the ropes. I'd been in weight rooms before but they've always kinda intimidated me. Today was really no different. Even though I have a pretty strong lower half, I have the upper body strength of a kitten. Jay pushed me really hard and right now I feel like my arms are made of wet noodles.

We started out on the treadmill for 20 minutes, then moved into the weight room where we did chest, back, triceps, biceps, quads, hamstrings and shoulders...OUCH. I just may not be able to move tomorrow.

I weighed in on Monday instead of Sunday because I had a CPR course I had to do all day on Sunday that I completely forgot about. Let me tell you that a 6 hour course involves a lot of work when you're being re-certified in CPR. Anyways, when I weighed in, I came in at 293.0, a 6lb loss over when I weighed before I began counting calories again. Not too shabby at all. Now if I can only keep consistently dropping weight and no surprise gains like the one that completely threw me for a loop. I'd prefer that that not happen again thank you very much.

The holiday season has only just begun and I'm already stressed about it. I'm just hoping for the strength to get through it without completely losing my mind. We'll see how it goes!

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations in the loss! And keep up the good work in the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your loss! That's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great loss Taryn and fantastic work at the gym also! I hope you're not too sore tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOOD WORK DONE. KEEP IT UP. CONGRATULATIONS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go! I'm totally intimidated by the weight room. At the gym I do the treadmill or the bike but I gaze in curiosity at all those machines and free weights wondering where on earth to start. I just need to bite the bullet and have my very fit and trained siblings in on the fact that I need help. I guess it's a pride thing. Anyway, great blog! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taryn, I'm a fellow fat girl (currently 265, have been as high as 325 and recently as high as 299), and let me give a big endorsement to weightlifting. The common advice given to women--long sets of relatively light weight, to "tone" instead of "bulk"--is, not to put too fine a point on it, bullshit. Lifting heavy builds dense lean mass that supports your metabolism and makes everything you do less taxing, and after the first few months (in which my weight stayed stable), I've lost 20 pounds in three months. Get a beginner's book--The New Rules of Lifting For Women, or my favorite, Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe--and have at it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you come back to post soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete