LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, December 1, 2012

The First Few Days Back

So I've been back at this for a few days now and there's only one word to sum up how it's been: miserable. I'm starving all the time (I know this will go away once my body gets used to the reduction in calories) and that feeling is driving me nuts. I've been tweaking here and there and so far so good. I've stayed on track! I've found it really helpful to have a friend who's always willing to text me and go to the gym with me (which we still have yet to do but have plans for it Tuesday!) and is wonderfully supportive. You all are awesome, but it's different when you can actually talk to somebody at any time.

I've had a hellish couple days at work. I'm tired, I'm getting burned out, and I'm just not loving my job this week. Thank goodness I'm on holidays next week so I have 12 glorious days off! However, there is a lot of things to get done while I'm off. I have to go to a CPR course tomorrow, we need to "fall clean" our house (which includes organizing the basement...a task I am not looking forward to), we need to decorate for Christmas, go Christmas shopping, doggy sit my in-laws dog, and much more. Plus we have the child the entire time because her mom is away for work. We all know that cleaning with an almost 4 year old is kinda like brushing your teeth while eating Oreos. I'm not sure that this vacation will be all that restful...but it will be nice to be away from work for a while.

Today is the first day of December, and I really cannot believe it! Where in the world does time go! It feels as though summer just ended...perhaps that's because we didn't really get summer here until mid July but it lasted through to the end of September/early October. Although, I have to admit that this year has been MUCH better than last. This time last year we were buried under almost 2 feet of snow...and although we had snow, it's pretty much all melted now and I can see green grass! As long as there's snow on Christmas day.

This time of year is busy for everybody. Have you made a list of things to get done? And where do your weight loss and fitness goals fit in?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy Christmas coming up Taryn!
    I hope your trip to the gym went well, it's fantastic that you have such a supportive friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always awesome to have a gym buddy. Right now I'm trying to find as many as I possibly can. So far so good.

    December is always a busy month all around. I have a two-week break as well, although like you, I don't think it is actually going to be much of a break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete