LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, March 29, 2013

A Healthy Desert

Today the majority of my food was fruits and veggies so I had a lot of calories left over after supper (just over 500) and I was really in the mood for something desert-y. What's a girl to do? I chopped up an apple (galas are my favorite), sprinkled it with a half teaspoon ground cinnamon, a packet of Splenda, and threw it in the microwave for 1 minute to soften the apple then topped it with 1/3 cup Special K granola and 1/3 cup fat free Cool Whip. Let me tell you, it tasted EXACTLY like apple crisp. Hot, sweet, crunchy, creamy, spicy, absolutely perfect. 278 calories of perfect and none of the butter, sugar, and flour.

I still have 2 more days until weigh day and I am absolutely THRILLED with how this week has gone. I know I've lost...and it's a significant loss. Unless I go crazy and eat a jar of salt...I'm sure to see a big drop, which will be a great motivator. I'm not disillusioning myself though. I know that the first week is always a big drop so I know that this won't be the norm, but like I said, any loss is a step in the right direction.

I must also say that my man is amazing. He is being so so so supportive. I made it very clear to him that I need his help with this. I cant have him bringing stuff I have no willpower against into the house. Tonight before work he was making his dinner and he looked at me and asked "will it be ok if I make fries?" Hahaha. He's so cute. Of course I let him. Fries aren't a huge trigger for me, because I know I can make better tasting ones in my oven if I really want to.

What are your favourite recipe makeovers?

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving your blog!! It's really great to know that I'm not going through this journey alone!!!

    The Making Of A Skinny Chick - Dating & Dieting Blog

    ReplyDelete