LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Busy Days Made Better By Tea

These past couple days have been super busy for me...even though they were days off. Yesterday I decided to clean up the front of the house. I washed my car, hosed off the driveway and in front of the driveway (because I live in a part of a small town that gets neglected, so the street sweeper won't be up here for another month or so). washed all the front windows outside, hosed down the front porch and began raking the backyard. However, the backyard is still too wet to start getting it into tip-top condition yet. Today, I did laundry and cleaned the house from top to bottom, including cleaning up the spare bedroom closet that has become a dumping ground for everything that doesn't have a place. I'm going to be putting a couple things up for sale to de-clutter and I got rid of a LOT.

I like to think that I was being productive, which I was, but in reality, I was using it as a distraction. I know that counting calories is the way to make weight loss happen and that by keeping busy, you're keeping your body moving which burns calories (eat less, move more = weight loss...oh if only it was that simple!), but counting calories has me constantly thinking about food. What I want to eat, how many calories are in it, how I can save calories, what substitutes I can make....on and on and on. It kinda drives me crazy. I wish that I could instinctively KNOW what to eat and not have to worry about it...but that's what got me to this weight in the first place. So obviously that doesn't work for me.

I find nights the worst. Usually in the evening, Chris and I would hang out and watch whatever shows we've recorded with whatever snack we'd scrounge up (think high carb, salty, fatty). Now, the same routine...except the snacks. Depending on my day, I may have some calories left for a 100cal bag of popcorn or even a weight watchers ice cream, but not always. And it certainly isn't a replacement for the Doritos I so desperately want. But slowly but surely this routine will be broken. And I'm awaiting a little help. My mom went and visited David's Tea and I got her to buy me 3 different flavours and a steeper. I have Katie at http://www.runsforcookies.com/ to thank for this. She mentioned it on her blog a while ago and since then I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. The teas I got are red velvet cake, salted caramel and a coconut oolong. They sound like the perfect something sweet at the end of the day. And the best part is that none of their teas are more than 5 calories per cup...basically negligible as you'll probably burn more calories preparing and drinking it than what's in the cup. I absolutely can not wait to get this tea! Who would have thought that I'd be excited over something as silly as tea...I must be getting old.

I must also profess my love for Pinterest these days. Not only is it really distracting, there are a ton of amazing ideas on it! I had been craving pizza for a few days and low and behold...Pinterest came to the rescue. For lunch today I made a "pizzadilla" a quesadilla with pizza filling! 314 calories and it satisfied the pizza craving. I probably could have made it less calories because I found that there was too much cheese and a little too much sauce. But it was still AH-MAZING.

I'm going to leave this post asking a couple questions of my faithful readers...those of you that are still here anyways:

1) What is your favourite night time snack that is low in calories but will satisfy that "snacky" mood??

2) What is your favourite distraction technique??

3 comments:

  1. I love tea---but then I work for a coffeehouse. It is an every day thing for me! :)

    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite night time snack is a piece of cheese or almond butter with apples or banana pieces.

    I find going on Twitter a great distraction technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually eat too late to snack in the evenings (8pm-ish). But in the late afternoons I love fruit! I think its hard to break habits that you associate food with. I used to eat a certain candy while reading books by one of my favorite authors. The next time I read one of his books, I was like "WTF do I want that candy???". It was so weird, but true that those habits get us every time! What shows do you guys watch?

    ReplyDelete