LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Wrench In My Plans

I had such a wonderful plan for today. I had planned to go to Zumba and clean my house top to bottom along with staying on track food wise. Well lets just say thank goodness I prepped my lunch yesterday because late last night I got the familiar scratch in my throat that immediately precedes a cold. I didn't feel too horrible last night and even very early this morning (4:45am), but when I woke up at 8 I felt as though I'd been hit by a truck of death. I have absolutely NO energy and all I want to do is go to sleep. However, because I must sleep tonight to make it to work tomorrow, I'm going to be forcing myself to stay awake. I have done a few things around the house. Walking downstairs to switch the laundry over leaves me breathless - and I haven't even tried to carry a basket of laundry upstairs yet! I also sliced up a container of strawberries to dry in the oven for snacks, but other than that I haven't really moved off the couch. I do have to figure out what I'm going to make for supper, although I'd really just love to order a pizza or something. But we won't be doing that at all!

There is no way I'm going to break my two week streak at counting and being at my calorie levels. Even though my appetite is non-existent right now, there is something about being sick that makes you want comfort food...like a warm hug in a bowl. But calorie counting makes you accountable. You can absolutely have a bowl of mac and cheese...as long as you account for it and make it fit within your day. That's something I'm not willing to do at this point though, because I know that feeling as shitty as I do, I would be able to just have 1 serving of KD.

So basically, my plan for the day is to get the things I need to get done done and to relax and hopefully allow myself to get a little bit better so that I can make it through my work day tomorrow. I do NOT want to call in sick tomorrow at all. But if I just can't...I need to listen to my body. We shall see.

What is your favorite comfort food?

1 comment:

  1. I looooove soup, when I'm sick and even when I'm not! Hope things went well!

    ReplyDelete