LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

First Crack At Quinoa

I took an extra shift at work tonight so today's not a typical day for me. I got up at a decent time. I was awake and out of bed by 9am - I don't think that's too bad for a "day off" - and stepped on the scale as per my daily routine, and I was excited to see that the scales are still heading in the right direction even after a big loss. After showering I came downstairs for a nice healthy but satisfying breakfast of peanut butter on an english muffin and cantaloupe (my current favorite fruit - I had SUCH a craving for it!). Lunch was a salad with chicken, which is another weird craving. I definitely find that I'm craving healthier food these days...and I think that's because my brain has finally realized that the healthier I eat, the more I get to eat.

After I had lunch I chopped up and started roasting some veggies - carrots, cauliflower, onion, bell peppers, and celery to have for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow. That's when I decided to try something I never had before. Yesterday at the grocery store I decided, on a whim, to buy quinoa. It's super easy to cook, cooks quickly and I tasted a little spoonful of it and it tastes pretty good too. I'll see what it's like with the veggies later tonight though.

Tomorrow is day 14 of counting calories and I have yet to go over my 1600 calorie/day budget. I have also found that the best way for me to stay under budget is to plan out what I'm going to eat for the day. Once it's all put into my phone, it's too much of a pain in the ass to take it out and put different things in. In this case, lazy is good. Is that terrible to admit!?

You've all seen my weight loss goal for April (13lbs - I've already lost 8lbs)...What are your goals?

1 comment:

  1. I've just bought some quinoa too so looking forward to making something with it. It's so expensive here on its own, not mixed with anything, so it better be tasty haha

    ReplyDelete