LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, April 19, 2013

Weigh In - April 17th, 2013 And A New Fitbit

I have been wanting one forever and finally decided to bite the $100 bullet (well...$108 with taxes) and bought myself a fitbit. I think that being able to see just how active you actually are during the day is a great motivator. Underestimating how active you are, I'm guessing, is probably pretty common in those trying to lose weight. I'm almost positive I do it, but now there is going to be no question. I just got it yesterday and set it up this morning and have been wearing it around the house and I love checking to see my flower growing (the bigger the flower, the more active you've been). It's actually quite cute. I can actually see myself going up and down the stairs before bed just so I hit my daily goals. I think it's going to be fun to meet these challenges.

Yesterday Chris and I had a very rare, child-free day off together, so we went down to the states to get groceries and pick up some stock for our aquarium. I can't believe just how cheap groceries are down there. Even most fruits and veggies are cheaper, but we're not allowed to bring most of them back across the border, which sucks, but we did manage to stock our pantry and fridge. I had already gotten our fruits and veggies for the week previously so we're stocked up and I am able to make healthy, nutritious meals for the next week or so.

On to weigh in. I weighed in, again, exactly 1lb down at 288.0lbs. It was tough to take that I only lost 1lb after struggling so much the night previous and not giving in, but after a day or so to let it absorb I've realize that there is no reason I should feel ashamed or down about losing 1lb...I've lots 10lbs in 3 weeks. That's amazing! I still have 1 more weigh in before the end of the month and hopefully I'll be able to lose the 3lbs to meet my monthly goal....but even if I don't, I'll still weigh less at the end of the month than I did at the beginning, which is something to be proud of.

Lets revisit the goals shall we?

1) Lose 5 more lbs - 1 more down, 3 to go!
2) Blog at least 3 times - Complete! I even blogged to get through a rough night, which I don't think I've ever done before.
3) Log calories every day - Done...although I was over my calories yesterday because of being out of town and eating at restaurants...and making some poor choices.
4) Exercise 3 days per week - Well...I did get in a LOT of exercise one day...for like 6 hours or more...does that count as 3 days? No? Shit.
5) Vegetarian 2 days per week - I didn't accomplish this this week. I ran out of fresh veggies half way through my work week and just didn't have time to get to the store so I ended up eating lean cuisines at work, all of which had meat in them. Going to make sure that doesn't happen this week.

Finally, I would like to express my deepest sympathies to all of those affected by the two terrible events that took place in the states this week. Of course, I'm talking about the bombings at the Boston marathon, and the series of events following, and the explosion in West, Texas. Both such terrible and horrific things. I hope that the remaining suspect is found alive and that those affected by the acts that he took part in can get some answers and some closure.

2 comments:

  1. how cute that the fitbit gives you the little flower option :) I've been on the fence about getting one myself but considering how often i forget to clip on my pedometer I'm sure the fitbit would be no different. The two would sit on the nightstand friends forever.. or at least till their batteries died out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting for the fitbit bracelet to come out. I think I will be more likely to wear it.

    ReplyDelete