LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Weigh In - April 1st, 2013

Well, it was that time of the week yesterday. Weigh in day. Previously I would dread stepping on the scale for that "official" number that I must report on my blog but this week I was excited. I knew there would be a substantial loss because I'd stayed on track and either at or slightly under my calorie budget for the day. Even the cookie that I impulsively ate (gotta work on that!) fit in...and I logged it so I don't feel all that horribly about it. What did make me feel shitty was the fact that when faced with it, I couldn't say no. I had one, and only one and to my credit I turned down ice cream later that night instead of thinking "ah well I already ate a cookie I may as well...". I by no means think that I'm going to be perfect, but I do want to be able to have control. I am a bit of a control freak when I'm determined to do something.

So yesterday started early for me when I felt the fingertips of a wide awake 4-year old tickling my back at 7am (I had worked until 11pm the night before and ended up not getting into bed until after 1 because I had to hide the Easter treats and wind down from work), but after the treats were found and breakfast was served, I headed up to face the scale. I stepped on and waited for the number to show...290.0. I'd lost exactly 8lbs in 8 days simply by counting calories and being accountable. Not bad If I do say so myself.

Now, I do know that I'm not going to lose 8lbs every week and that a large portion of this loss was water weight and my body going "holy shit woman what the hell!?", but it is definitely the motivator that I needed to keep going.

Also being the beginning of the month, I feel as though it's a perfect time to lay out some monthly goals!

1) Lose at least 5 more lbs (13 lbs total)
2) Blog at least 3 times per week
3) Log calories daily for the whole month
4) Exercise at least 3 times per week
5) Vegetarian days at least 2 times per week

I will visit these goals each weigh day and then of course, come the beginning of May, I will evaluate and then write goals for the next month.

Here's to spring (the weather here has been absolutely gorgeous! Yesterday my weather station said 27*C/84*F)! Spring always feels so clean and fresh and new and energizing. Slightly metaphorical to how I'm feeling with this whole weight loss journey.

2 comments:

  1. Great job Taryn! That's awesome!

    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to kick start my month with some goals regarding my blog. I need to get back into the habit of writing often because my motivation has just totally disappeared recently.

    Please send over some of your weather, it's been freeeeezing in England!

    ReplyDelete