LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Weigh In - April 9th, 2013

Well this post is ONLY 2 days late...not too bad for my crazy life. This past week was nuts. I was so so so sick. It's been a while since I was so sick that I literally could not get out of bed to pee. It took me until about 11am to get up, and I only did then because the dog was crying because he had to pee and I was about 5 seconds away from peeing the bed. I spent the rest of the day with my ass planted firmly on the couch...and making not so wise food choices. I was hungry, but I had absolutely no energy so I grabbed easy things, and some what comforting foods. I did eat some fruits and veggies and tracked my calories for part of the day before I just gave up because I was grumpy and whiney.

The next day, I was feeling about 200 times better than the day before and actually made it to work, I still sounded like Kermit the Frog and was very low on energy but the calorie counting began again. Now, I know only 1 day of poor eating isn't the end of the world but it really sucks when you've been doing so well and were seeing results, and as a nurse I know that during illness your body uses up more calories trying to fight that illness (still no excuse to eat an entire box of mac and cheese...which I didn't!...but I still did eat more calories than I should have). Oh well! The real victory was getting back on track the very next day.

So on to weigh in. I knew going in to this week that I wouldn't see a huge loss on the scale seeing as how I saw an 8lb loss last week. I would have been happy with any amount of loss. I always think back to The Biggest Loser and week 2 is infamously tough on the contestants. Same thing here, but I'm on with it. A loss is a loss and a step in the right direction. I was down exactly 1lb this week, weighing in at 289.0lbs. 

Let's revisit the monthly goals shall we!?

1) Lose at least 5 more lbs (13 lbs total) - 1 down, 4 to go!
2) Blog at least 3 times per week - Complete! I blogged exactly 3 times.
3) Log calories daily for the whole month - Craaaaap...I missed the day when I was sick...and a day where I forgot my phone...OOPS! Ok...no more missing from today on!
4) Exercise at least 3 times per week - This did not happen. Even though I was feeling better, I still was quite low on energy and have spent a good portion of the week sleeping when I wasn't at work or doing things I HAD to do. I did take the child and the dog for a walk the other day...and that was more work mentally than anything. The dog was going nuts, the child wanted to walk the dog but he was pulling her everywhere and there were a few times that she almost bailed because she was running behind the dog in the rain boots she absolutely insisted on wearing...and the questions...my god the questions...I don't think she stopped talking the entire time haha.
5) Vegetarian days at least 2 times per week - Complete! I did 2 consecutive days on my evening shifts at work. It's easier when I don't have the meat loving man to feed. Apparently vegetables are what food its and he must have animal protein at least once per day...MEN haha.


How was your week? What are your goals/plans for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment