LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Leash Training

I decided that it's time for Harley to become behaved on leash. Up until now he's been awful. He runs every which way, tries to chase bugs, has no car sense, and runs at people (which most consider scary but he's just so excited that he can't contain himself). So to practice we are going to go for a walk every night. Tonight by the end of it, Harley pretty much got it. He stayed on my heal and only occasionally would wander out too far and he would, although begrudgingly, sit on the sidewalk to wait to cross the street. I would have to push his bum down but he did it and he stayed sitting until I gave him the ok. So proud of my little guy.

I have been wearing my fitbit nearly daily and today I'm almost at my goals. Just a few more steps to go. I currently have nursing students at work (LOVE IT!!!) and they actually found it quite funny that there are days I can go home already having walked 4 miles and only needing to do 80ish more steps to get to my 10,000step/day goal. The girl I had today really got a lesson on what it's like to be a nurse. I got all of 5 minutes to sit down before 12:30pm. Tomorrow another student gets matched up with me and I'll put him/her through his/her paces. While we're on the topic of my job, I want to wish every single nurse out there a very happy nurses week. Please please please take the time out for yourself and treat yourself to some pampering. I'm going to wait until next week but I am pretty sure I see a pedicure in my near future.

The weather here in Canada has been absolutely gorgeous. We're talking summer weather at the beginning of May! I'm definitely not complaining, especially seeing as how we didn't get summer until August last year. Here's hoping this weather holds out for the wedding I'm in in June. Moisture and humidity is NOT this curly haired girl's friend...there's not enough hairspray in the world. It's so nice to be able to take advantage of the warm weather and get outside. A few days ago I even got into the backyard to rake and clean it up a little bit. Our landscaping project is going to begin in a couple weeks here so it was time to get it cleaned up, at least a little. We've decided to go a little more economically friendly way with finishing the backyard and save our money for other things but it should still look absolutely gorgeous when done...well...definitely better than what it looks like now!

What are you looking forward to this summer? I have to say the thing I'm looking forward to most is going for picnics at the beach and for J&K's wedding, and perhaps a little camping too!

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to the pool side and burgers. :)

    http://www.chooseyourhabits.com

    ReplyDelete