LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, May 5, 2013

When All You Want To Do Is...

I had a terrible week last week. You may have noticed the absence on my blog. I got a little too loose with calorie counting, all those little bites went unaccounted for and there are complete days missing in my log. Is it any surprise that my weight was up? I was just far too ashamed to admit that I'd let that happen after being so focused and dedicated for a whole month. But that number on the scale was a HUGE eye opener and I pulled the reigns back in and my weight is back down this week.

I weighed in this week at 287.7 which is down 0.3lbs from 2 weeks ago and down 4.3lbs from last week...Eeek. Thank goodness it came off again as quickly as it went on. But I'm not going to assume that will always be the case (in fact, I already know that's not the case because it didn't take me all that long to balloon up to the weight I was, and it's taking FOREVER to come off...but Rome wasn't built in a day.

But as I sit here in shorts that were too small last summer I feel pretty good about how far I've come. I know I have a ways to go, but it's nice to bask in the glory of what I have already accomplished. I think taking time to celebrate the accomplishments along the way to the ultimate accomplishment is huge in keeping positive and motivated. Knowing that I'm less than 2 lbs away from reaching my 30lbs lost milestone (again) makes me want to keep going and to continue to make the best choices I can. \

This next couple weeks are really really busy for me. A lot of things that involve food, and partying. Ugh. It's so hard to be around "normal" people when you're in the process of losing weight. I'm dreading it greatly. But, I'm committed to doing this and do it I will!

On to May goals:

1) Track food 5 days/week
2) Exercise 3 days/week
3) Lose 10 lbs
4) Pay off 1/2 of my credit card

1 comment:

  1. Just stay focused and you should be good. Don't to to any of your parties completely hungry. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete