LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Big Goals And A Weigh In

I printed out a calendar of the month of June (and July and August too), and set out a goal to average 60 minutes of exercise per day. That's 1800 minutes total over the month. The first day, I didn't quite get there, but every day since I have, and today even exceeded the 60 minutes (I have to make up the minutes I missed on day 1). I've also been eating much healthier than I had been...and the craziest thing is happening...I feel amazing!

I started out today exhausted, but then Harley and I went for a walk in the sunshine and I was much more energetic. When I got home, I went down onto the treadmill to finish my workout, took my iPad with me and watched the remainder of a documentary that I had started a few days ago. I'm finding that being distracted by watching something I'm interested in, rather than listening to music, makes the time pass quicker.

On our walk today, it was actually quite warm. 25*C, which after weeks of rain and chilly temperatures was welcomed. However, I procrastinated far too long and it was a bit too warm for my liking. I've asked Chris to remind me of that next time I try to procrastinate. Also, it turns out that living where I do and going for a walk is a little bit like being a mountain goat. On a 35 minute walk, my fitbit calculated that I climbed 21 flights of stairs! I didn't realize it was quite that hilly! No wonder Harley has barely moved since we got home.

I also have taken charge of my stomach issues and have started taking some supplements that are supposed to help balance things and so far it's been working. I haven't felt sick at all in the last week or so! Which is wonderful. I haven't felt this great in a really long time. Such a breath of fresh air.

Oh, I nearly forgot. Today was weigh in and I weighed in at 286.7 which is down 1.3lbs from my last weigh in and 29.2lbs down from my heaviest. I'm hoping this little self challenge will continue to make the scale go in the correct direction.

2 comments: