LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Back To Zumba

Today was the first day I've been back on track. Tracking meals, getting exercise, planning ahead. And I feel...proud. Proud that I've recognized that this downward spiral has got to stop. I mean, I worked so goddamn hard to lose the nearly 40 lbs I had lost...and here I am back to losing under 30lbs. Why would I do that to myself? Make myself redo the work I've already done because I was pure lazy. It  makes me angry when I think of it. Angry at myself for not believing in myself enough to continue on my journey, angry that I can so easily just give up, angry that no matter how much I want to be "normal", I never will be. But anger is futile. Sure it gives you something to do in the moment, but it's not getting you anywhere or changing anything.

Today, I tracked every morsel of food that passed my lips and came in at 1515 calories. But the real win was the calories out: over 3200 (according to my fitbit). I've gone 10800+ steps, up 7 flights of stairs (with at least 1 more to go to get to my bedroom), and over 4.8 miles. Not too shabby considering my morning mostly consisted of watching TV while Chris slept off a night shift. I made it to my first Zumba class in...well I can't even tell you how long. Because it's such a popular class, I have to be at the gym about half an hour early, so I ended up walking a mile on the treadmill prior to the Zumba class.

I've also planned out our meals for the next week and made a grocery list, with only the items we need on that list. Not having the crap in the house makes it impossible to eat things I shouldn't.

Today was the first day...And tomorrow will be the second.

No comments:

Post a Comment