LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, November 4, 2013

Time For A Change

Something around here has to change. I haven't been following any sort of plan with neither food nor exercise, so it's no surprise that I've gained about 10lbs from my lowest weight and haven't been feeling the greatest. There's no excuse for it, just outright laziness.

I spoke with my husband last night, and both of us are feeling really crappy lately and we know it's due to our poor diet and lack of exercise. We've agreed that we need to make some changes and so today is the start of that. I'm going to be meal planning, calorie counting, and making time for exercise. I know that I've said this before and haven't followed through, but I really feel like my life, our lives, depend on it.

Things can't keep going the way they are. I've seen the end result of bad diet and no exercise. I don't want to be 40 something years old, diabetic and living in a long term care home because I've had a stroke and can no longer care for myself. I can't put my family through that.

I've got a lot on my plate right now (figuratively), with working 2 jobs, going back to school in January to start my ER specialty, having a family, running a household, and now putting our health as a priority. But I'm nothing if not ambitious and I find it easier to stay on track when I'm kept busy.

So here goes nothing...again.


No comments:

Post a Comment