LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, July 17, 2015

The initial weigh in

What a lousy night that is turning in to a lousy day. I went to bed around 1:30am and fell asleep quite quickly but I tossed and turned a lot. Then when my alarm went of at 6am to take my medication, I was wide awake. I stayed in bed and tried to fall asleep for over 3 hours before finally giving up. I knew that once I committed to getting up, I had to weigh in. So after brushing my teeth and washing my face, I did just that.

And there staring back at me was 313.0...yikes. It was more than I thought it'd be. But I'm not going to get down about it. It's a starting point. 

I came downstairs and made myself a nice healthy breakfast of scrambled eggs, a nectarine, a banana and a cold glass of water. Then I promptly began to feel ill. Eggs and me have an off and on relationship. Sometimes I'm fine with them, sometimes they give me stomach issues. But this is the first time they've ever made me throw up. So here I am, not feeling so great, having thrown up my breakfast and the thought of eating anything makes my stomach turn. I'm trying to sip water but now my stomach is so sore that I just doesn't feel good. Netflix marathon is sounding likely.

What are your favorite carb-free breakfasts that doesn't include eggs?

3 comments:

  1. 1 - Can you have eggs in something (like a binder, not on their own). If so: latkes! Zucchini pancakes, sweet potato pancakes, carrot pancakes ... so many options.

    2 - Smoothies! Make sure there's (a) fruit (b) veggies (c) fat (d) liquid. Some combinations I love: grapefruit, spinach, peanut butter, water; watermelon, cucumber, coconut milk.

    3 - Literally anything, haha. I try not to think of foods as time-of-day-specific. I'll make a bunch of roasted veggies and grab a scoop of that, cook up some meat, add a bit of cheese (goat cheese is my go-to, I am not tempted to binge on it), and voilà!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this too: http://www.paleoplan.com/recipes/paleo-breakfast-eggs-recipes/

    Some have eggs but there are a ton of egg-free recipes here too!

    ReplyDelete